Wednesday, October 8, 2008

David Rice - This is only just the real beginning

Standing here looking over the mountains in the middle of Sweden, I wonder, did my life honestly come to this? Hiding away and leaving the one person I truly cared about just to protect them against any harm. My ability to teleport anywhere still haunts me. It’s caused me nothing but grief and complications since I made my first teleportation. And I would give absolutely anything to make it go away, but then I think about the other Jumpers that have been captured and killed by the Paladins. I owed it to them and the rest of us to defeat the evil force that is the Paladins, even if it meant risking my own life just to make sure other Jumpers don’t suffer the way I have. But then again the other Jumpers didn’t have a mother as part of the Paladins. At the start it was a disadvantage having my mother as the enemy but as time went on I realised it was an advantage. After Rome, I became more confident about me and my mother’s relationship. It took an extra effort to put the past behind us, but I knew she was there for me and loved me.

Things had become a lot more difficult since the Paladins had established a new base at their new towers. It was like they knew every Jumpers move, not to mention mine especially. What made it worse was the fact that their corporation seemed to be growing, recruiting more like minded people and that was no consolation. The more Paladins there were the harder it was getting to survive, not too mention the invention of the Palvarizer. Sometimes I wondered if it was even worth fighting against them, but I knew it had to be done. Someone had to stand up to those people. And that’s what I’m going to do.

The cold wind hit me in the face hard, it was almost as if it was reminding me of how hard it had been to let Millie go. I couldn’t risk her getting caught in between this war that was going on, and knowing Roland, Millie would have been his first target if he was trying to get me. And that was not something I was willing to let happen, needless to say I had to let go of Millie. That was probably the hardest decision I’ve had to make in my life. I could still remember the way her face crumbled when I tried explaining myself. She didn’t even want to see me these days which I guess was understandable, it was for the best though. There was no telling what Roland is capable of, that man far more ruthless now that he had the Palvarizer. It was as if that silver stick contained all the power he needed to destroy us Jumpers, and he was doing a pretty good job at it too.

My last encounter with him left me more than just bruised and battered. The day I got to experience that “magic” stick of his, was the day I found a new meaning to the term dangerous electric volts. It felt like every electric current ripped into every muscle I had in my body paralysing me from any attempt of running away or Jumping. I had honestly thought that he had got me and that was the end for me. That is until the Palvarizer started faulting, turns out that was the first time it was being used on a real Jumper. Didn’t surprise me that I was Roland’s first choice for a test dummy, I should consider myself lucky though otherwise if it had worked to its full potential I would be dead by now. To Roland’s disappointment, after a couple of minutes of him fussing over the faulty Palvarizer, I gathered some strength and managed to Jump away from the situation. It was that one first encounter with the Palvarizer that made me determined to make sure no other Jumper had to go through such pain like that, but I was afraid that since then, the Palvarizer may have been developed to its full potential and was ready to be used at its fullest. They had to be stopped.

I had nothing to lose anymore and I was going to make damn sure that Roland and his kind had everything to lose. This was only just going to be the beginning. My fists clenched involuntarily. It was only the beginning.

9 comments:

annie said...

This is awesome Bessie! Now I can work around on this. It's good that you included Millie and how you got rid of her so the story flows well, or else we would also be blabbering on about Millie as well as the other characters. I like the way how you talked about your "mother" and how you also explained briefly about your past. I shall now post up my fancict!

CIAO!x
-anNiE:)

Albie said...

Hi Bessie,

We’re definitely on the same frequency because I was plotting in my mind that David should develop a love relationship with our new Japanese Jumper and now with Millie out of the picture, this might be made possible. And I can also feel the intense negative emotion of David towards the Paladins, especially Roland when I read your fanfic like the second last sentence: “My fists clenched involuntarily”, it draws a very clear picture how bad David wants to protect not only himself but all the other Jumpers from any harm and suffering caused by the Paladins. I reckon our blog has generated a lot of innovative ideas for the next Jumpers movie.

Fantastic work!

Alby ^_^

Anonymous said...

Yeah I agree, we've got alot of ideas. We could give those Jumper script writers a run for their money!!

Voluspa said...

Hey Bessi

Love the introduction. ahaha certainly alot of ideas coming to now about David, like Alby suggested we colud make David start a love interest with our new Japanese Jumper ahahaha.
Cool!!!!

annie said...

ohhhhhh some love drama? That'll be interesting to see. Millie's going to get angry if she finds out. Though, she won't need to find out anyways because we got rid of her and she's out of the picture! HEHEHE....anyways, if this does happen I want to see what Roland's plans are next.

-anNiE:D

Voluspa said...

Hey Guys

This is getting interesting by bits. Since were getting bored with millie, we could make her end up in Roland side after she discover that David Rice has other things he rather do with someone hint hint ahahahaha. The way i see it, is that this story can go both ways with or without Millie. I think its a good start for us all. Well done guys.

Albie said...

Hi Erica,

I like what you suggested about Millie turning her back on David and jumped ship to join Roland and the other Paladins; it will be a very dramatic twist for the movie. The opposite side of love is hate; this can be Millie’s revenge on David. I love how we can all come up with so many new ideas and collaborate here on our blog, it gets my creative juice flowing and now I’m gonna read what Annie wrote about her villain, Roland with the platinum blonde hair!!! Can’t wait to find out what’s happening to him.

Ciao for now

Alby ^_^

Akash Sandhu said...

Hey Bessie,

I included Millie in mine..and how Trish had been missing her..as to now Millie is the only friend she has..Oh and as for what Erica said about Millie joining Rolands side...that would intersting as to how i included in my story that trisha had gone to see Millie...and Millie is the one that has been reporting back to Roland and this makes his job easier now...and thats how the paladins have been spyin on Trisha and thats how Roland knows that David is in Sweden..if that makes sense..or is it because of the Pulverizer??..What do u guys think. And as for Griffin dont worry i wont complicate the story but yes Trisha and Griffin do have something going on but hes not talked much in the story because he's busy with his dad right now whom is very sick...and right now his name will only be mentioned in Trisha Kats point of view.

Albie said...

Hi Akash,

Poor Trisha Kat…she has no clue that her only friend, Millie, is actually a mole for the Paladins!!! And I can see the story is going to get even more twisted, complex and interesting with our now two-faced Millie gaining information about the whereabouts of the Jumpers from Trish and then reporting back to Roland…imagine what Trish’s reaction will be when she finally discovers what a ‘true’ friend Millie really is??? But tragedy comes in double for our poor girl Trish now that Griffin is out of the picture…I’m sure that we can come up with another hero for her in our upcoming fanfics.

Cheers

Alby ^_^